Coasters are the smaller mats use for keeping glasses or mugs over them to protect the underlying surface from stains and scratches. These are widely used on dining tables, center tables, office tables, desktop tables and even on garden tables. Coasters are present in a verity of designs from funny quotes to cute animal images, from cartoons to food related images and many more. Simple and mono color coasters are used for formal places like offices and conference halls. Various materials are used for making table coasters. Melamine. Plastic, metal, leather, fiber glass and faux leathers are majorly used. The back side of these coasters are usually made up of cork because of its soft texture. Customized Coasters are also used as promotional or advertising items. Many hotels and corporate offices use coasters with the name of their hotels or companies printed on them. Coasters are relatively cheap in terms of prices.
- Prevent the table surface from stains and stretches caused by glasses and mugs
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Cost effective
- Employed at various places
- Available in both formal and trendy designs
- Compliments the look of a table
- Come along with designer stands or holders as well